Please make your inquiries short and concise, but be sure to give enough information to identify the person you are looking for. This page was in no way set up to replace the Sussex Co. Gen Web Page. There are lookup volunteers there also. Successful genealogists use all the resources available to them. There is a link to the Sussex Co. GenWeb on my home page.
Cathy DiPietro has volunteered to do look-ups in the following resources:
- “Minisink Valley Church Records”
- “Old Sussex County Families”
- 1860 Census Index CD’s for NJ/PA/DE
Cathy also has a collection of genealogy ‘tidbits’ she has gathered from past inquires that are loaded with information, and she has access to the Main Branch of the Sussex County Library. If you need Cathy to do a look-up you can send her an e-mail by clicking here.
Cathy also has her own homepage at http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Meadows/5699
James Kucharski has also volunteered to do looks-ups. His research centers around Green Township and has information on the Huntsville Cemetery and two cemeteries in Tranquility. He also has a database of about 3000 people who lived in or around Green Twp through the beginning of this century. If you have a look-up for James, he can be e-mailed here.
Alicia Batko is the town historian for Montague Township. She is compiling copies of census records, tax records, etc.. She presently has 1830-1860 Federal, 1915 state, and some 1950 + city directory pages from Pt. Jervis for the RR2 address under there, Minisink DRC records, and all the township cemetery listings in NJGM + updates as found. She also has some family pages for Armstrong, Everitt, Westbrook, etc.. Contacther by e-mail.
Sharon Rhodes has an indexed copy and would be willing to do lookups in “Sussex County; a History”, by Warren D. Cummings. Printed for the Rotary Club of Newton (1964). Contact her by e-mail.
Here is a list of the reference materials I have available for look-ups
- “History of Sussex and Warren Counties, New Jersey” by James P. Snell
- “The Early Germans of New Jersey” by Theodore F. Chambers
- “Banta Pioneers” by Elsa M. Banta
- “History of The Libertyville M. E. Church”, (Wantage) by W. J. Coulter
- “The Historical Directory of Sussex Co., NJ” by Edward A. Webb
- “One Hundred Years of The Sussex Register and County of Sussex” by the Sussex Register
- 1850, 1860 & 1870 Census – Sussex Co., NJ
- 1905 & 1915 State Census – Sussex Co., NJ
- Sussex County Marriage Records, Books A & B
- New Jersey Index of Wills
- “Memoirs and Reminiscences of Sussex Co., NJ” by Rev. Casper Schaeffer, M.D.
I must aologize for having to write this note, but the look-ups have been overwhelming. In the interest of genealogy (and my sanity), I will not be responding to your queries UNLESS I have an answer for you. If you don’t hear back from me, please don’t think it’s because I didn’t think your query was important. I assure you that I copy every letter that I receive, requesting a look-up and I make an honest attempt to research each one, but I am spending too much time writing letters explaining why I didn’t find anything. Please do not write asking for all genealogical data on a given surname. As much as I would love to do it, I just don’t have the time. Please be very specific regarding your requests. Thanks so much for your patience.